- Este evento ha pasado.
Entrepreneurial Brains Made on Campus
21 febrero, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 8:00 pmGratuito
EBMC is a European business idea competition where students learn to think and act as entrepreneurs. During the competition the students get to know methods like design thinking, customer development, lean startup, business modelling and storytelling. By applying these methods the participants learn how to develop business ideas, business models and prototypes. The overall aim of the competition is to increase the awareness for entrepreneurship.
EBMC is a three-stage competition:
1. The “Heats” at the partner universities (conducted by lecturers of Stuttgart Media University): the students work in teams (max. 7 teams at 5 members each) and will develop a business idea based on a free challenge or a challenge given by a company . One team is chosen by a panel of judges at the end of the heat and represents the university at the finals in Stuttgart.
2. The “Innovation Lab” between the heat and the finals: the winning team is integrated into the universities incubator/ start-up centre. With the support of a contact person from the university or the partner company the team will develop the business model of their idea.
3. The “Entrepreneurship Campus”: at the finals all the winners from the partner universities meet in Stuttgart. Over three days the teams have time for the prototyping of their product, receive coaching sessions and input for their business model. The competition finishes with a final pitching event where the EBMC winner will be announced.
For the heat at your university you can choose between different challenges:
• Free Challenge: during the seminar the students have to find their own challenge / problem for which they create a solution until the end of the heat.
• Company Challenge: You can find a local partner company which gives a Challenge (a broader problem field) to the students. We can help you to formulate an appropriate challenge for the company. The tasks of the company: setting the challenge, briefing the students during the heat, mentoring the winning team during the innovation lab (business modelling).
• Company Mentor: if you choose the free challenge you can also provide the winning team with a mentor of a local company who supports them in developing the business model.